Source: Kinetic Computer Corporation
eTRUCK is a new Internet-based, real-time fleet management service designed to allow transportation and logistic companies to streamline their operations with minimal capital investment, improving customer service and operational efficiency
eTRUCK is a new Internet-based, real-time fleet management service designed to allow transportation and logistic companies to streamline their operations with minimal capital investment, improving customer service and operational efficiency. In addition, the service can improve driver performance by offering enhanced communication features between dispatch and vehicles and real-time access to vehicle information.
The service allows fleet owners and managers to:
- Automate vehicle locations: through GPS and wireless data communications, on-board computers (OBC) automatically send vehicle locations to a web server. Using a standard web browser, dispatch can access a detailed map showing where an individual or a group of vehicles are located.
- Send and retrieve electronic messages: Using their web browser, dispatchers can exchange electronic messages with the company's vehicles. Drivers can also send text messages to dispatch or other mailboxes on the server using the OBC.
- Monitor driver's performance: dispatchers can obtain daily reports on drivers' performance by accessing the web server.
- Track DOT logs: the OBC automatically tracks driving versus non-driving hours as soon as a driver logs in, allowing fleet managers to see, before shifts are assigned, which drivers have reached their maximum allowed hours.
- Automate fuel tax information: users can automatically collect a fuel tax report in MS Excel format that provides a breakdown of fueling information;
- Track engine faults: the OBC constantly monitors vehicles for engine faults. Fleet managers can access dated reports that outline these faults.
Kinetic Computer Corporation, 76 Treble Cove Road, N. Billerica, MA 978-439-0500. Fax: 978-439-0501.