Data Collection Transaction (DCTX)
Infoscan uses DCTX to provide a seamless information flow between the point of data collection, on the shop floor or in the warehouse, and the host computer. This is done via Transaction Mapping techniques which allow the data collected to be sent directly to a screen on the host computer.
You can operate your data collection network using any host, any data collection terminal (fixed or RF), or any serial device (PLC's, scales, printers, etc.).
DCTX for MAPICS allows full compatibility with existing MAPICS transactions. Below is a partial list of MAPICS transactions supported:
- CA -- Cost Adjustment
- CR -- Average Cost Replacement
- CS -- Standard Cost Replacement
- IA -- Inventory Adjustment
- IP -- Planned Manufacturing Issue
- IS -- Miscellaneous Adjustment
- IU -- Unplanned Component Issue
- IW -- Interwarehouse Issue
- PB -- Pick Complete by Item
- PC -- Pick Complete by Order
- RC -- Miscellaneous Receipt
- RD -- Receipt to Dock
- RI -- Receipt to Inspection
- RM -- Production Receipt
- RP -- PO Receipt to Stock
- RS -- Return to Stock
- RW -- Interwarehouse Receipt
- SA -- Sales Shipment
- SC -- Manufacturing Component Scrap
- SM -- Manufacturing Order Scrap
- SP -- Scrap for Stock
- TW -- Interwarehouse Transfer
- UR -- P.O. Update Routing
- VA -- Vendor Accept
- VR -- Return to Vendor
Host Application Indenpendence
Allows you to connect data collection devices without modifying your host-based MAPICS application. For the advanced user, direct access to local and remote databases is also available.
An AS/400 interruption, planned or unplanned, has no effect on the data collection network since it operates independently of the host computer. If the AS/400 goes down, the data collection network continues to collect and validate input data.
Schedule global or local events to occur on particular days at specific times. This would include, for example, sending such things as pick lists, employee numbers, part numbers, work orders, etc. to the data collection PC.
DCTX for MAPICS comes with multiple levels of support. These support levels range from a technician being on-site to remote diagnostics executed over a modem. Regardless of the type of support chosen, DCTX for MAPICS come swith an unsurpassed level of flexibility and compatibility.
We welcome inquiries regarding other MAPICS functions (such as labor reporting) and data collection for other MRP II system interfaces.
Scenic Technology, 1911 West County Road C, Saint Paul, MN 55113. Tel: 612-639-0301; Fax: 612-639-0311.