Inventory & Depot RepairSource: ServiceMax
Your spare parts inventories are a huge investment - and undeniably necessary. You need to make sure that parts are available when technicians need them. Regulations and your service needs may require that you control individual spare parts by unique serial number or lot number. Returned items may need to be repaired or salvaged to be put back on stock, or sent back to customers. Poor spare parts inventory and depot repair controls can mean inventory shrinkage or excess inventory buildup, which drive up your costs.
ServiceMax Inventory & Depot Repair lets you closely track and monitor spare parts inventories, identify excess stock, and ensure that the right parts are available where and when they are needed. Provides comprehensive tracking and monitoring so you know that all incoming equipment is accurately received, that repairs are quickly processed and well documented, and that repaired equipment is promptly restocked or shipped back to the customer.
With this module, you can:
- Increase first visit resolution by ensuring that technicians have the rights parts available when and where they need them.
- Know the exact value of your spare parts inventory by maintaining an accurate, up-to-date inventory record of every part at every stocking location.
- Meet compliance and regulatory requirements with optional serial number tracking by individual part number, and stock history.
- Minimize inventory leakage and write-downs with real-time inventory updates and rigorous tracking of returnable defective parts.
- Streamline depot repair processes by allowing service agents, technicians, partners, and customers to generate, track, and follow up on depot repair orders for equipment and parts.
- Increase transparency for greater inventory control by capturing and viewing all depot repair activities, including repair times, parts used, symptom and failure information, and repair history.
- Capture all potential repair revenue with notifications about returned items and whether they are covered under service agreement/warranty or if they should be billable.